South Africa vs West Indies cricket in Port Elizabeth: get your tickets
Boxing Day cricket returns to Port Elizabeth for the first time since 2007, when South Africa host the West Indies in the second Test of their tour. From 26 December, St George's Park will host its 26th Test match.
Tickets range from R30 to R70 and can be bought online through TicketPros.
Several West Indian stars, inlcuding Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, Kieron Pollard and Darren Sammy, are currently representing South African domestic franchises, but have not been included in the Test squad, which is listed below:
Denesh Ramdin (captain), Sulieman Benn, Jermaine Blackwood, Kraigg Brathwaite, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Sheldon Cottrell, Assad Fudadin, Shannon Gabriel, Jason Holder, Leon Johnson, Kemar Roach, Marlon Samuels, Devon Smith, Jerome Taylor, Chadwick Walton.
If you are attending, please use #MyNelsonMandelaBay when posting your photos to social networks.
St George's Park Test history: Snapshots
- Back in 1889, St George's Park became the first cricket ground outside England or Australia, to host an international match. On that occasion, England beat South Africa by eight wickets. South Africa, in fact, lost their first five matches at this ground, and it wasn't until 1954 that they finally recorded a win here, which was against New Zealand
- St George's Park has been the home ground to cricketing greats such as Peter and Graeme Pollock, as well as Makhaya Ntini
- Of the 25 matches played in Port Elizabeth so far, South Africa have won 10 and drawn four
- The last Test to be played at St George's Park was between South Africa and Australia in 2013, and the hosts won by 231 runs. The last Boxing Day Test match to be held in Port Elizabeth (2007) was against the West Indies, who won by 128 runs
- The highest score by a batsman in a Test at St George's Park is 196, made by Herschelle Gibbs against India in 2001. The best bowling figures in an innings are eight wickets for just seven runs, by George Lohmann of England, back in 1896
September is one busy month; it’s the start of spring, there’s rugby and also heritage…
The festive season is just about upon us and most of us tend to let our hair down just a…
Remo’s Italian, previously Fratelli recently re-launched in Nelson Mandela Bay, and what…