Port Elizabeth accommodation: Reasons to stay at the Beach Hotel
I was in Port Elizabeth for business and was hosted by the Beach Hotel for three nights. Below are some photos of this four-star establishment:
I recommend staying here for the following reasons:
- The location: The Beach Hotel is situated on Beach Road, right next to the Boardwalk Casino and Entertainment World, and is just down the road from attractions such as Bayworld. Hobie Beach is right across the road from the hotel.
- The views: Get a sea-facing room and enjoy the beauty of the Indian Ocean, as well as Port Elizabeth's Blue Flag beaches.
- The service: You get a warm welcome every time you pass a staff member, and there's always an energetic porter waiting to help with your luggage, give you directions or help with any queries you may have.
- The breakfast: With such a selection of Western and continental food, you won't leave the hotel hungry.
- The ambiance: The Beach Hotel has a warm, homely feel, but is still perfect for hosting corporate functions and conferences.
One in every four TripAdvisor reviewers rates the Beach Hotel as "excellent", and many reviews commend the hotel's service in particular.
Jeremy W, from Richmond, Virginia, visited recently and wrote: "The hotel was extremely kind and upgraded us to a suite for our honeymoon with fruit and champagne. We even had a private little terrace. We were here for two nights. The hotel was definitely older and had some charm, but did not appear worn. The breakfast was good and certainly sufficient (part of our package deal). The staff was extremely helpful and were so kind as to prepare a breakfast for us the last morning when we had an early flight (although it was more like a lunch). There is a large complex next door with several restaurants, shops and entertainment venues."
Visit the Beach Hotel website for more information about staying here and watch the video below. The Beach Hotel is owned by the Port Elizabeth Hotel Group, which also manages Pumba Private Game Reserve & Spa.
Are you looking for a bit of luxury, style and panache when it comes to travelling? While…
With the school holidays and winter in full swing, the phrase; “I’m so bored” is likely to…
September is one busy month; it’s the start of spring, there’s rugby and also heritage…